Home Inspection Twin Cities | Foundation Inspector 612-913-7898
When buying a new house, a home inspection is standard practice. During these evaluations, the home inspector is usually able to identify potential foundation problems. For home buyers, a foundation inspection report provides valuable information about the investment.
The goal of a foundation inspection is to determine if the underlying base of your home is structurally sound. A inspector will look at these factors:
- Is the foundation performing its intended function?
- Is the foundation compliant with building codes?
- Are foundation repairs or modifications needed
The inspector will inspect the following components of the foundation:
- Isolate internal cracks and determine their threat levels
- Examine support beams and load-bearing devices
- Test how snugly doors, windows, and vents fit
- Assess the integrity of concrete walls and floors within the foundation
- Look for water damage, mold, and improper ventilation
- Water drainage, landscaping, and irrigation
- Cracks and fissures on exterior walls
- Crumbling concrete or degraded building materials
- Buckling walls, exterior bulges, or irregular slopes
When the foundation inspection is complete the inspector will provide you with a detailed report along with pictures of their findings and will be available to you in 24 hours after the inspection. Give us a call today to schedule your foundation inspection.
Home Inspection Twin Cities | Home Inspector 612-913-7898